How Will the Intervention Help?
- There is no health in absolute poverty
- There are essentially no employment options locally
- There is very little money or resources locally
- Methods must be found to bring more money into the area
- As small businesses grow, local entrepreneurs will employ local people
- Motivated and responsible local people
- In other projects, women have been shown to be most successful compared to men
- Identify local people with sound business plans
- Educate applicants about loans and repayment
- Use loan repayment to re-invest in other projects
Total Monetary Cost
- Variable, but averages between $50 - $200 US. Never loan more than $100 US to first time loan recipient.